GDPR Privacy Statement

By the new GDPR law, I am required to make you read the Silly Privacy Statement. That statement doesn't really contain anything unexpected or surprising to people used to the internet, but by accessing and reading this blog you agree that you've read these statements and agree to how this blog uses your data.

On a related topic: If you say something to somebody else, the brain of that person might store the information you told him/her not anonymized and without your explicit consent and use it against you at a later time, and if you leave your house people just might see where you go and what you do.

Saturday 6 August 2022

Announcement: The Chronicles of Ceal ~ The Call of the Crystals: Now available on Kindle

 Hello everyone!

As you may or may not be aware, apart from writing this blog, I am also working on a grand project of mine, The Chronicles of Ceal, an epic science-fantasy world with a rich history going back thousands of years.

Well, guess what? Now the first book of the Chronicles of Ceal has been published, and is available on Kindle!

Follow the Nefilim siblings Bokay and Sylvia, the Dragoness Idra, the Puky Eyaru, the Fox Wel Cyrus and the Seraph Theres on an epic journey through a fantastic world on their search for the Crystal Shards as they strive to fulfill an ancient prophecy. Will they be able to overcome the challenges along the way? And if yes, at what cost?

This is the first book of the Crystal Seal Chronicle, which I have planned out to be six books long. I've already got all the corner points of the plot down, and basically just need to write it down. However, before that, I want to see if the first book sells, since I more or less self-published this, and am now sitting on a big investment that first needs to pay off. So if you like it, recommend it to your friends and spread the word. I'm pretty much relying on word of mouth to get this sold. I may eventually also publish a print version.

Here's some background information: The Chronicles of Ceal were "born" around the year 2000, when I drew a map in class that should get everything started.

I started fleshing out the locations on that map and spinning a story about them. Eventually, I added two more key "principles" to it: I wanted the world to be a "proper" round world, and I wanted it to be populated by something more novel than humans, dwarves, elves, orcs and the other "typical" fantasy races. And so, the world of Ceal began to take form.

I kept refining it over the years, keeping the story all in my head until 2014, when two co-workers of mine encouraged me to write it down, and that was when the next "phase" got started. Eventually, the world of Ceal assumed the shape it now has in this novel. It's interesting how you can still recognize the "original" continents, even if they moved a lot over the map. Or maybe that's just me.

Anyway, it was not until 2016 that I actually started writing on this book, and I kept writing on it through my stay in New Zealand. I still remember where I was when I finished the final chapter: It was in the Renegades Community Centre in Christchurch (see Book I ~ Chapter 11 ~ Christmas in Christchurch). And after that, there was still a lot of refining, rewriting, proof-reading and so on.

I tried to get it published afterwards, but with little success, and since I was so busy with my travels, the blog and work, I didn't really have much time to pursue it thereafter, so that put the whole project on ice for a few years, until I got a mail reading "Have you written a book you want to see published?".

Being a cautious fox, I was afraid it might be a scam, but still, I wanted to give the Chronicles of Ceal a chance, so I took every precaution I could think of, and well, here we are. I had to invest quite a bit of money indeed, but if I'm lucky, it will pay off, and I will be able to write the other books this way too.

So, yeah, that's about it for this announcement. I'd be happy if you could give my book a try, and if you like it recommend it to your friends and family. I would like the Chronicles of Ceal to become something that joins people's hearts all around the world, and I would like to write more books that can incorporate all the experiences I have made on my travels after New Zealand.

So if you do decide give it a try, thanks in advance, enjoy, and be of great cheer! =^,^=





No comments:

Post a Comment