GDPR Privacy Statement

By the new GDPR law, I am required to make you read the Silly Privacy Statement. That statement doesn't really contain anything unexpected or surprising to people used to the internet, but by accessing and reading this blog you agree that you've read these statements and agree to how this blog uses your data.

On a related topic: If you say something to somebody else, the brain of that person might store the information you told him/her not anonymized and without your explicit consent and use it against you at a later time, and if you leave your house people just might see where you go and what you do.

Thursday 18 August 2016

Trailer ~ 19 days and counting...

I've finally gotten around to setting up a blog to keep track of my travels. It's kinda hard to believe that in 19 days I'll already be on my way to New Zealand.

My decision to spend a year doing work & travel down under came - like most of these things - from a mix of various things. New Zealand has interested me ever since I was little, being the one place almost on the absolute opposite side of the globe. Back in the day, I never thought I'd actually travel there one day.

Another thing that spurred my decision were the positive experiences I took home from my semester in the USA. Granted, I had bad luck with the families back then, but I experienced a lot of personal growth as a result. I wonder how this trip is going to change me. For the better, I hope.

Also, my everlasting quest for a suitable mate probably played a part in that decision as well. Willing to travel to the far ends of the world to find a girlfriend? That's me! Well, it probably won't work out that way. It never does. That's for stories. But I'll try anyway. Because that's me. =^,^=

The final factor has been the work climate in my last company deteriorating to a point where I suffered a burnout, and was consequently fired. Things happened, fangs were bared, and in the end, I left with a nice big chunk, relatively unscathed. Since I now have some free time on my paws, I figured this might be the opportunity I've been waiting for - especialyl considering that I need to be younger than 30 to participate, so time has been ticking anyway.

One way or another, I'm going to be off. Kia Ora, New Zealand! =^,^=

No comments:

Post a Comment